Friday, August 12, 2011

Recent Shabby Finds

A rare Grindley Excelsior platter and a wonderful Dresden pitcher  complete a great weekend of antiquing. 

This was a very boring Early American chandelier until I painted it
 with chalk paint.  Even the  hobnail milk glass shades look great.  

I really had to do some fast talking to get Mr. Shabby to load this
 chippy window into the trunk.  But, isn't it wonderful?


These were given to us by a friend who really knows what we like. Thanks, James.

In this pic you can see the hobnail milk glass shades.  Yummy.

Love old boxes with advertising.

The last of my buttons.  These are antique white porcelain buttons
 with metal shanks.  
A small but precious remnant of old bark cloth.  I bought an old pillow, gutted it,  then laundered the cloth. 

3 comments:

  1. HI!!
    I just came across your blog tonight and LOVE all your finds. The makeover on the chair was perfect!!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why the chair sold so fast. and love all your other show & tells

    can't believe you sold all your white buttons I have jars full and just can't part with them

    love your butter patts , i have a few old ivory ones, really I like all your STUFF

    ReplyDelete