Thursday, August 25, 2011

New Stuff for Shabby Friends

Mr. Shabby brought this cute chair home several years ago and discussed learning to cane.     Well ...... caning is a very difficult skill.  So, the chair hung in the garage for several seasons.  I decided to remove all the cane seating and plug a punch bowl in the opening.   The empty bowl called out for some fall foliage and the process goes on and on but you get the idea.   
I really don't know what to call this.  We bought it last weekend at an estate sale for $3.50.    I would call it a table but it swivels like a piano stool.  But it couldn't be a stool because it is very uncomfortable.   I painted the legs with a combination of grey and white chalk paint then did a little distressing.  What ever.........  I took it to Shabby Friends and we will see what happens. 


I've bought several of these little jewelry boxes for two or three dollars at yard sales and Goodwill.  I love changing them  by distressing then adding dramatic paint colors and metallic flourishes.   They sell very well at Shabby Friends. 

Some vintage hats and purses.  

No comments:

Post a Comment